Women At Their Best
Women At Their Best
Marathon Coaching with Lynda Chalmers – the 3 day version
“It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before. To test your limits. To break through barriers. And the day came when the risk [it took] to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom. ” Anais Nin
Marathon Coaching is for Women who have known for some time that they need to move forward in order to live their lives fully. You may be facing a transition in your life and feel a bit lost regarding yourself and your future. Or you may be facing the fact that certain areas of your life are not working and you feel stuck and would like to take the risk and bloom. This is not just a time to set new goals but a time to look at your life style and how you would want to live well. It is a time to look at the re-invention of yourself as you gain self knowledge and do the work of self actualization. Now is your time to:
- understand yourself, your gifts and your challenges in a more expanded way
- become happier with who you are
- understand yourself in relationships and how to improve this part of yourself
- learn to become great at emotional management skills
- be on a journey to live at your highest potential in the world
- know what your purpose is and your gift or service is to the world
- make choices in congruence with your values
- live each day fully, creating habits to make that happen
This is a time for just you and me. We will take a deep dive into where you are now, where you want to be and how you will get there. There will be some education/ inspiration on each topic and you will do some practical work as well. Additionally, at the end of each session there will be homework designed to help you keep growing.
Below is a loose agenda that will depend on what we decide together*:
Day One is a look at the inside
- A look at your values – learn which are your top values
- A look at your natural personality by taking an MBTI personality test which helps you to understand how you are naturally in the world and how that meshes with others
- A look at what strengths and challenges your birth order and family experience has given you, what you need to keep and build upon and what you need to let go of
- A look at how you manage your energies: your emotional energy, your physical energy (including your sexual energy), your social energy and your spiritual energy and what skills you need to balance them in the future
Day Two is a bit of an inside look and a bit of an outside look
- A look at how you will commit to value what you have learned you like about yourself and how to increase your esteem of yourself
- A look at forgiveness, the regrettable incidences in your life and how you will forgive yourself for your past mistakes and challenges so that you do not drag them into your future
- A look at the cost of overthinking and the skills you need to change that
- A look at how you are in the important groups in your life and how you do your roles in life
- A look at what you want to be known for by yourself and others close to you
- A look at the congruence of your values and what you bring to the outside world and some skills to improve that
Day Three is a look at how you are in the outside world
- A look at your relationships, how to love well, how to recognize emotional unavailability in others, how to choose friendships and mates
- A look at what your life would be like if you were meeting your highest potential and the habits that would support that
- A look at resiliency as a way to manage the possible bumps in the road towards re-inventing yourself
- A look at what your heart really desires to be in the world and how you can make that happen by creating a vision board, mind map or happiness house to keep you on track
- A look at what you will commit to in order to live the life you are wanting for yourself
Each day is a marathon (2 days of 3.5 hours a day and 1 day of 3 hours)**. You will have intermittent tea breaks where you will have thinking projects. At the end of the sessions, we will continue to meet by phone for a half hour (we will talk about what works for you 2 times a month or more) so that you can be accountable to realize in your real world what we have come to know together about you and your dreams for your life in our study together. You will also have some bonuses in quick videos that will hopefully keep you on your path. I look forward to spending some fun and rewarding time with you!
Wear comfortable clothes and bring a journal that you will want to enjoy for months to come. I will provide tea, fizzy water and coffee and some snacks. You are also welcome to bring your favourite drink or your favourite snacks. We want to create a safe and comfortable atmosphere together so that you can be your best self as we discover YOU!***
- *We will decide together if you would like more on a subject or less or if you would like to add something that you know would be helpful to you
- **Some have chosen to do the marathon in four 2 1/2 hour sessions or 5 hour sessions, on 2 different days. If that works better for you, talk to me about that.
- ***If you live in another city, it is possible to do the marathon by skype. In that case, you might consider doing the marathon in 3 or 4 sessions.
- The cost for the marathon is $1500.00. Because a lot of time is set aside just for you, payment needs to be in full and made a week beforehand. If for some reason, you are not able to make the sessions, a refund of $750.00 will be made and deposited into your account by an etransfer.
- The cost for the ongoing 2 – 1/2 hour sessions a month on the phone is $200.00 per month. Make sure that you are doing this part for at least 6 months. Otherwise, if you are like the rest of us, the marathon can become a distant memory that you did not follow through on! I want better for you!
- If you choose to have a session a week (4 – 1/2 sessions a month), the cost will be $350.00. You can pay that on the first of each month. Do this with pleasure and enthusiasm. You and your life are worth it! Contact me if you choose to do this.